The lighting around the outside of your home is quite important for several reasons. It makes your property more inviting for you and your family and will, at the same time, make the property safer for your guests and also dissuade any unwelcome visitors from intruding. Here’s how:
Aesthetics – The use of spotlights to showcase the landscaping and interesting features of your home is essential for making it look its best. In addition, you can add some drama with lighted posts at the driveway, specialty lighting around a focal point and even a simple lightpost in the yard.
Safety – For a safety and security standpoint, the more light the better. Not only will you dissuade trespassers, but you will provide better lit walkways and vestibules to keep you and you guests safe during the worst summer and winter storms.
For more information on these and other landscape lighting ideas or if you are in need of a commercial landscaping firm in Atlanta, please contact us at Outdoor Expressions.
Many of us make New Year’s resolutions each year. Lose weight, eat healthier, save more money. But did you ever consider making a resolution for your landscaping? What can you change this year that will make your landscaping stand out and help contribute to sustainable practices?
There are several resolutions you can make that will have an immediate impact on your landscaped areas:
- Plant more native species There are many beautiful plants native to the Atlanta area and nearby southeast states. These plants will thrive in your landscaping beds and show off the natural beauty of our local area.
- Choose a variety of plants Your landscaped spaces should be attractive throughout the year. Choose plants that bloom and grow at different times and create a landscaping plan that highlights the plants when they’re the most beautiful.
- Reduce your impact Investing in sustainable landscaping practices will have a positive impact on both the environment and your landscaped areas. A water saving drip system is an excellent irrigation option for commercial properties.
For more unique gardening ideas for Atlanta contact the landscape professionals at Outdoor Expressions today. We are committed to serving the landscaping needs of the Atlanta area.
Source: Outdoor Expressions
Those most-cherished memories of life’s journeys do not need to be confined to your photo album or memory. Re-design your landscape to awaken your fondest travel experiences with these unique gardening ideas for Atlanta.
As you begin your journey, make a statement about a place you traveled to that made you feel welcome, comfortable, and peaceful. A well-placed gate or lattice-styled doorway can set the stage for that certain ambiance you enjoyed. Include, in your entryway, a few plants that you remember that grow in your region.
Re-create a pathway with similar landscape plants and materials to continue the journey. Pay attention to detail of spacing, as this will influence the speed at which one walks along the way. Crowded areas will slow the visitor’ space, who desires to enjoy the scenery. Plants randomly interspersed along the trail will invite a brisker walk, possibly reminiscent of a hike you took elsewhere.
End your journey with style, with a crescendo at a private setting surrounded with fragrant scents and sounds to flood the memories of a special occasion.
Contact Outdoor Expressions for more gardening ideas for Atlanta, making your outdoor space a place to remember.
Source: Outdoor Expressions
Are you looking for commercial landscaping tips before designing your building’s landscape? The landscape’s intended use and natural characteristics of the soil and environment are the best factors to determine functional areas of the landscape.
For example, an office building might include a lunch area with tables and chairs, a gazebo and perhaps a pond to provide a place to unwind. While a shopping center landscape may need a functional area dedicated to entertaining shopper’s children.
Functional areas are sections of the landscape designated for a specific purpose and depending on your property, functional areas may include the following:
- Play area for kids
- A patio, grilling or cookout area
- Lunch seating areas
- A pond
- Putting green or other sports area
- A gazebo
Functional areas enhance, rather than detract from, your design as they blend in with static structures, such as an office building or parking lot. Functional areas add visual diversity to the area and create a seamless balance between indoor and outdoor use that fits with the function and lifestyle needs of the building inhabitants.
If you are looking for commercial landscaping tips for your property, contact us at Outdoor Expressions, Making your outdoor space a place to remember.
Source: Outdoor Expressions
Many property owners in metro Atlanta have found the benefits of commercial landscaping. You can increase the value of your property as well as make it more desirable to potential buyers or to your own employees, customers and potential customers. But it takes careful planning and the right touch from an urban landscaper to bring that beauty and functionality out of the property.
- Legalese – This is less about design and more about restrictions. Zoning laws in the area may prevent certain things on or around the property. The landscaping company will deal with this and let you know how it can affect your vision.
- Planning – If you don’t already have an idea, let the landscaper’s architect and designer give you some ideas on what you can do with the property. The planning process will start with an interview and assessment, move onto surveying, and conclude with plans and a blueprint.
It doesn’t matter if you are building a park, rest area or outdoor area that represents and ties into your core business or philosophy. The benefits of commercial landscaping can help you achieve it. If you are curious about what commercial landscaping can do for your property, contact us.
Our gardens and landscapes are often designed to make our homes look their best and to be enjoyed by friends and family. However, your landscape can be beautiful and also beneficial to wildlife that’s native to your area. Use these tips from Outdoor Expressions to design a landscape that can benefit native wildlife near your Atlanta home.
- Choose plants for your landscape by knowing your region. Many people add plants, flowers, and trees by zone, but a zone can stretch too far to really be beneficial for wildlife. Get to know your hyper-local natural plants for even better results.
- Make sure your plants are diverse. That means providing different textures within your space where animals can really use and enjoy the landscape in your garden or yard. Making your landscape dense can also provide a boost to natural wildlife.
- Don’t fight your environment. If you live in an extreme climate, don’t try to stretch it too far. That means not planting your favorite plants if they don’t work well or take too much work to grow in your landscape.
Contact Outdoor Expressions, the commercial landscaping firm in Atlanta, making your outdoor space a place to remember.